Friday 1 May 2009

.. Death For Entertainment - Jade Goody ..

Jade Goody was one individual who would never be forgotten, and this is due to one particular reason; "Big Brother"; with all the crazy antics. However, she became very famous after the Channel 4 show in 2002, she became very popular with the media which led to her own television programmes and the launch of her own products.

In 2007, she was a housemate in Celebrity Big Brother, where she was accused of racist bullying against the Indian actress Shilpa Shetty. She after apologised to the public of her actions and admitted that she was in the wrong, so she decided to go to India because she knew that Shilpa Shetty was hosting the show, however she recieved some very bad news that she had cervical cancer and was returned back to the UK.

Jade Goody was told that her cancer was terminal, I feel sorry for Jade, even though she was an idiot, and what she said was wrong, but I wouldn't wish anything like this to anyone even my own enemies. I felt so sorry for her two children, as they are only young too; soon after being told that her cancer was terminal, herself and her boyfriend Jack Tweed decided they wanted to get married, and the wedding was broadcasted on television, because she wanted to do as much as she could for her children. I don't blame her, I think everyone would do the same if they could; her children meant the world to her, thats why the media was involved with Jade Goody a lot during the time.

I watched a clip from the wedding, and found it very emotional, as everyone was in tears, even though i was not keen on Jade Goody myself, it was just sad to see what was going on. However, she then passed away on 22 March 2009, on Mother's Day; I know a lot of people that did not like her a lot however they were really upset themselves to hear what was happening, and the fact that she passed away on Mother's Day.

But some people wouldn't agree with what im saying, meaning, there have been so many remarks since she passed away, I personally I don't find the remarks funny at all, as I saw on facebook, and other social networks that people use. However, I decided to name my post 'Death For Entertainment' because Jade Goody's death was advertised on television so much that it was becoming entertainment for the audiences, such as advertising for magazines that were dedicated to Jade Goody's death.
I wouldn't put Jade Goody has a form of bad behaviour, however like I've mentioned above, that I don't agree with the way she has used her death to make money. For Jade Goody to publish her life in magazines is her own personal choice, as she was known for her publicity in the media, but selling her death story to the magazines, I feel is not right. The main reason why she has done this is for her childrens sake, and I completely understand that, but I feel for the others who are experiencing the same problems because they don't have the opportunity to do this, like Jade Goody has, and this is not fair.

1 comment:

  1. ITS TRUE THE MEDIA, USED JADE AS AN PROP TO GAIN MORE PUBLICTY AND GAIN MORE MONEY, USING HER DEATH AS A GIMIK TO SELL MORE, WHICH I THINK WAS REALLY BAD, THERE ARE ALOT OF PEOPLE IN THE WORLD WHO DIE OF CANCER AND IF THEY DID THIS MUCH PUBLICTY ABOUT EACH ONE,I DONT KNOW WHAT WOULD HAPPEN.

    ReplyDelete